On 11 December the farewell symposium of Lector of Fashion Theory José Teunissen will take place,
now she has been appointed the new Dean of the School of Design and Technology at the London College of Fashion as of 1 January 2016. Her departure is a great loss for ArtEZ, but it is also an honour. Happily, José will remain closely connected to the ArtEZ research programme and to the CLICKNL|NextFashion innovation agenda as a visiting professor. For more information please contact Lucie Huiskens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Symposium (and afterparty) will take place on Friday 11 December in:Showroom ArnhemKleine Oord 177 (opposite Rozet)
6811 HZ Arnhem
3 pm Reception
3.30 pm Word of welcome by Marjolijn Brussaard, chair of the ArtEZ Board of Governors
3.35 pm On José Teunissen’s contributions towards research and innovation, and to the ArtEZ’s educational programme as its lector in fashion and design. With special contributions from:
- Bradley Quinn, British publicist (for Fashion Futures and others) and researcher into architecture, design, fashion and textiles;
- students and alumni of the ArtEZ Master’s programmes.
4.45 pm Speeches by:
- Michiel Scheffer, regional representative for economics, education, and Europe of the Province of Gelderland
- Geleyn Meijer, Dean of Creative Industries Media, ICT & Gaming and Fashion Faculty at the HvA and chair of CLICKNL, on behalf of the Creative Industry top sector
- Renate Litjens, former chair of the ArtEZ Board of Governors
5.15 pm Farewell & goodbye party (food & drinks)